Hi all, Az here.
I thought I’d share this article that was brought to my attention by your friend and mine Rhys Campion, touching on the growing murmurs of Acker Dacker doing new music with Axl Rose on vox whilst they have him with them.
My personal thoughts? A big thumbs down. Old mate below says it best.
Here’s the problems I foresee:
- Axl sucks a major donkey’s dick. It was a fun idea to have him fill in as a temp solution for the band after Brian Johnson realised he’s an old man who’s losing his hearing but he’s a pack of Winnie Reds a day away from being anything close to acceptable as a recording voice for our national icon.
- Axl is clearly fucking deaf too being that he can’t hear how his voice sounds like a cat being anally raped by an elephant with a cactus dick but it’s not the deafness that AC/DC needs to replace, it’s the talent. This is Axl Rose now.
- Dude needs a southern cross tattooed on his arm and to seriously get over himself and stop pulling shit like this if he’s going to blend in as an adopted Aussie in the Ackers. Pee Paw could use this and this as a training manual for how to front an Australian band in the 21st century.
- Australians aren’t forgeting this anytime soon.
- GnR will always come first. I could see him doing something like recording a Gunners album at the same time and then threatening to spend two years on the road with them instead unless AC/DC pays him more money than god to tour their album instead.
- God has no money, only virgin angels. Axl has all the virginities of angels he could ever need.
- This situation reeks of Jon Stevens in INXS. Two music icons, famous for what they did separately and infamous for what they did together. They split on bad terms and kept chewing up and spitting out other singers.
- Did I mention that Axl Rose sucks a major donkey’s dick?
- Exhibit A.
- Exhibit B.
- Exhibit C.
- Now watch this and weep. Mortality is a bitch.
- We’re talking about the same dopey cunt that once traded in two of his swanky cars for something else fancy, the new one never arrived and he managed to forget about it and didn’t notice his cars missing for two years. You think he’s going to remember all the lyrics on a 175 date follow up tour? Dude is a one trick pony – “Teeeeeaaaak. Meeeeee. Haaaaarrruuum.”
Here’s a thought. Let’s get Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine a perm and baret and put him in the band instead. He’d be in his fucking element. He’s no stranger to side projects with names that exemplify Australian humour either.
Hi all, Az here.
So you might have seen my post yesterday about a really cool Slash Edition BC Rich Mockingbird guitar that I liked.
I found this on eBay:
That’s significantly cheaper than the AU$5000 guitar I posted yesterday – and, if I’m going to be honest, under priced. I’m in shock.
So now all I need is a black market to sell a kidney to and that guitar will be mine.
I suppose I better start taking up smoking and grow my hair long. Shit’s gettin’ real.
Today we are proud to announce that we are now accepting donations towards the “Help Aaron Buy A Slash Signature Edition BC Rich Guitar” Foundation.
You too can help a struggling young* man cope with the humiliation of standing on stage without one of these puppies over his shoulder:
The net result is a happy young* man who will then look cool, as demonstrated on the right hand side:
Please donate generously.
* Age is a state of mind caused by growing older.
The song we refer to as “Insist”. 🙂
Back when we were doing cd’s, it was our goal to always have at least one ska song on every one of them. Ideally there would be horns too but we wouldn’t force the idea like ska bands with dedicated members do just to make them feel loved.
And this one didn’t. It feels liberating to borrow extra musicians where needed and otherwise just focus on what is best for the song. There is a grand organ though and that was a random instrument that just-so-happened to be around in the studio where we recorded. It was o e of those made-up-on-the-spot things that just happened to help make the song feel more wholesome. We were pretty happy with it.
This song was originally pitched by former band member Chris Reed as a concept called “Mr Yes” and the intro for Insist is what the choruses for Mr Yes were. After Az had some time to digest the idea, he’s the one who came back with playing the chorus of Mr Yes and then suddenly flicking into the upstroke you here, starting a totally different song. Misdirection, it’s fun. Eyes lit up in he rehearsal room. A song was born.
There’s lots of NoFX and MxPx influence in this song and that’s totally ok. That’s what makes punk music punk: imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.
Lyrically this is standard MNIJ writing – telling a story that someone would pay attention to rather than just using throw away lyrics that rhyme. A small shout out can be found to Wayne’s World:
I’m so jaded, it’s overrated
Instead of adventure I’m just shooting fish in a barrel
That’s classic Wayne Campbell right there.
We used this as the first track on the split album “Let The Games Begin!” that we did with Major Keg and of all the songs on that cd, this is the only one that was a candidate to take that spot. It needed to be punchy and catchy and this one was there to do the job.
This week’s Froback Friday is brought to you by Pamela Anderson‘s arse. Literally.
Pretty funny really. This is the band Lit, walking around on a piece of arse whilst singing about how a girlfriend makes them miserable.
I really like the song – I would even call it one of my most favourite songs by Lit. Even though the clip doesn’t match the lyrics, I thought that you all would be interested to watch it and the below par CG used to put it altogether.
And you can imagine that the reason this clip is what you see is because if Lit as a band were given the option to walk around on Pamela’s butt, in her prime, the band were going to do it – context be damned. I mean, what exactly makes you miserable by walking around on all of Pamela’s delicate bits? Can you smell the cum of half of the entire 80’s pop metal scene seeping out of her vagina?
My guess is that their answer is: who the fuck cares. It’s Pamela. It’s logic that’s hard to argue with.
As a bonus clip, here’s Lit performing the song at Woodstock back in 1999. Am I the only one who thinks that their lead singer looks like Joe from Unpaid Debt?
A motherfucking Ironbird! A model of guitar that BC Rich don’t make anymore with a snakeskin finish that was done as a limited run.
It’s so cool that BC Rich kept trying different things like this to make their guitars collector items. I’m jealous of whoever owns one of these.