Don't judge quiet people. No one plans murder out loud.
— Satan (@s8n) February 1, 2018
The frontman for Blur and Gorrillaz is another year older today – and I’m to assume there’s been a fair few of them now.
Checking in on Damo’s Twitter feed, you’ll be presented with this message:
…perhaps he doesn’t write his own tweets.
Unless of course he was on a big bender celebrating and talks about himself in the third person whilst off his face – which is entirely possible.
In any case, cheers matey and have a good one.
Hi all, it’s Az here with your weekly dose of music that you almost forgot about.
And then it hit me. Damn, I’ve got to put a Bullet song in this Friday.
So I can’t go past this gem from back in 2005, featuring every guy’s former ex-girlfriend and a reminder of past crazypants episodes:
There’s a reason why this clip has had 111m views. It’s fucking mad.
Those close to our band will know that I’m a bit of a BC Rich nut and the fact that Matt Tuck used to be a BC Rich endorser is not lost on me. He’s moved on from them now (most endorsers do) but I forgive him. In fact, I have to totally confess to my massive man crush on the guy.
As a bonus clip, I’ve included a full concert. That’s a first for me in this segment. It’s a show that Bullet did less than 12 months ago in Moscow but it’s one of my favourites of theirs that I’ve seen. If you spend the time watching it yourself, you’ll know what I mean. The Venom album was a big comeback for them and this setlist is basically the perfect selection of songs of theirs and in the perfect order. I really should make a Spotify playlist of it or something and share it.
Playing golf. Australia says no.
Hi all, Az here.
I thought I’d share this article that was brought to my attention by your friend and mine Rhys Campion, touching on the growing murmurs of Acker Dacker doing new music with Axl Rose on vox whilst they have him with them.
My personal thoughts? A big thumbs down. Old mate below says it best.
Here’s the problems I foresee:
- Axl sucks a major donkey’s dick. It was a fun idea to have him fill in as a temp solution for the band after Brian Johnson realised he’s an old man who’s losing his hearing but he’s a pack of Winnie Reds a day away from being anything close to acceptable as a recording voice for our national icon.
- Axl is clearly fucking deaf too being that he can’t hear how his voice sounds like a cat being anally raped by an elephant with a cactus dick but it’s not the deafness that AC/DC needs to replace, it’s the talent. This is Axl Rose now.
- Dude needs a southern cross tattooed on his arm and to seriously get over himself and stop pulling shit like this if he’s going to blend in as an adopted Aussie in the Ackers. Pee Paw could use this and this as a training manual for how to front an Australian band in the 21st century.
- Australians aren’t forgeting this anytime soon.
- GnR will always come first. I could see him doing something like recording a Gunners album at the same time and then threatening to spend two years on the road with them instead unless AC/DC pays him more money than god to tour their album instead.
- God has no money, only virgin angels. Axl has all the virginities of angels he could ever need.
- This situation reeks of Jon Stevens in INXS. Two music icons, famous for what they did separately and infamous for what they did together. They split on bad terms and kept chewing up and spitting out other singers.
- Did I mention that Axl Rose sucks a major donkey’s dick?
- We’re talking about the same dopey cunt that once traded in two of his swanky cars for something else fancy, the new one never arrived and he managed to forget about it and didn’t notice his cars missing for two years. You think he’s going to remember all the lyrics on a 175 date follow up tour? Dude is a one trick pony – “Teeeeeaaaak. Meeeeee. Haaaaarrruuum.”
Here’s a thought. Let’s get Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine a perm and baret and put him in the band instead. He’d be in his fucking element. He’s no stranger to side projects with names that exemplify Australian humour either.
Hi all, Az here.
So you might have seen my post yesterday about a really cool Slash Edition BC Rich Mockingbird guitar that I liked.
I found this on eBay:
That’s significantly cheaper than the AU$5000 guitar I posted yesterday – and, if I’m going to be honest, under priced. I’m in shock.
So now all I need is a black market to sell a kidney to and that guitar will be mine.
I suppose I better start taking up smoking and grow my hair long. Shit’s gettin’ real.