The Matt Tuck Signature V from BC Rich.
There were four colours but incredibly this is kind of hard to find pictures of – perhaps this didn’t sell very well or perhaps this just wasn’t pushed out there very well. Both sides of the deal have moved on – BC Rich are no longer making these and Matt Tuck is no longer an endorsor.
Gorgeous guitar design. The concept with this V was the rounded shape at the acute point so that the body can sit on your thigh whilst accessing high parts of the neck for those tight solos.
The silver one on top is my favourite but can’t be found for sale anywhere anymore. There are two purples ones left in Australia for sale that I know of (as of writing) and the black ones that Matt Tuck always used on stage with Bullet For My Valentine I have never ever seen for sale. Ever.
Shame. If you own one, you are very lucky.
Hi all, it’s Az here with your weekly dose of music that you almost forgot about.
Just yesterday I was writing an article that was suggesting that Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine would make a much better frontman for AC/DC than Axl Pose.
And then it hit me. Damn, I’ve got to put a Bullet song in this Friday.
So I can’t go past this gem from back in 2005, featuring every guy’s former ex-girlfriend and a reminder of past crazypants episodes:
There’s a reason why this clip has had 111m views. It’s fucking mad.
Those close to our band will know that I’m a bit of a BC Rich nut and the fact that Matt Tuck used to be a BC Rich endorser is not lost on me. He’s moved on from them now (most endorsers do) but I forgive him. In fact, I have to totally confess to my massive man crush on the guy.
As a bonus clip, I’ve included a full concert. That’s a first for me in this segment. It’s a show that Bullet did less than 12 months ago in Moscow but it’s one of my favourites of theirs that I’ve seen. If you spend the time watching it yourself, you’ll know what I mean. The Venom album was a big comeback for them and this setlist is basically the perfect selection of songs of theirs and in the perfect order. I really should make a Spotify playlist of it or something and share it.
Hi all, Az here.
I thought I’d share this article that was brought to my attention by your friend and mine Rhys Campion, touching on the growing murmurs of Acker Dacker doing new music with Axl Rose on vox whilst they have him with them.
My personal thoughts? A big thumbs down. Old mate below says it best.
Here’s the problems I foresee:
- Axl sucks a major donkey’s dick. It was a fun idea to have him fill in as a temp solution for the band after Brian Johnson realised he’s an old man who’s losing his hearing but he’s a pack of Winnie Reds a day away from being anything close to acceptable as a recording voice for our national icon.
- Axl is clearly fucking deaf too being that he can’t hear how his voice sounds like a cat being anally raped by an elephant with a cactus dick but it’s not the deafness that AC/DC needs to replace, it’s the talent. This is Axl Rose now.
- Dude needs a southern cross tattooed on his arm and to seriously get over himself and stop pulling shit like this if he’s going to blend in as an adopted Aussie in the Ackers. Pee Paw could use this and this as a training manual for how to front an Australian band in the 21st century.
- Australians aren’t forgeting this anytime soon.
- GnR will always come first. I could see him doing something like recording a Gunners album at the same time and then threatening to spend two years on the road with them instead unless AC/DC pays him more money than god to tour their album instead.
- God has no money, only virgin angels. Axl has all the virginities of angels he could ever need.
- This situation reeks of Jon Stevens in INXS. Two music icons, famous for what they did separately and infamous for what they did together. They split on bad terms and kept chewing up and spitting out other singers.
- Did I mention that Axl Rose sucks a major donkey’s dick?
- Exhibit A.
- Exhibit B.
- Exhibit C.
- Now watch this and weep. Mortality is a bitch.
- We’re talking about the same dopey cunt that once traded in two of his swanky cars for something else fancy, the new one never arrived and he managed to forget about it and didn’t notice his cars missing for two years. You think he’s going to remember all the lyrics on a 175 date follow up tour? Dude is a one trick pony – “Teeeeeaaaak. Meeeeee. Haaaaarrruuum.”
Here’s a thought. Let’s get Matt Tuck from Bullet For My Valentine a perm and baret and put him in the band instead. He’d be in his fucking element. He’s no stranger to side projects with names that exemplify Australian humour either.